Week 17: Rainbows & Prayers

May 4th 2020

Week 17: Rainbows & Prayers


Hello family

This week I hit 4 months on the mission! Wow!  In some ways I feel like it's been a life time and in others ways has flown by. I think I've learned more about the gospel these past 4 months than I have throughout my entire life. It's been crazy and I've loved every second!

We had some really incredible lessons this week, hearts being softened and allowing the savior to enter. It is such a privilege to share the message of the atonement and then to watch it work in people's lives. There is nothing more powerful or meaningful and I am so grateful that I get to be out here sharing the love!

London rain is back!! and this was not just any rain, we got poured on and drenched and to the bone!! But we enjoyed it. 

We had a fanatic lesson with Phumlani, my friend from Africa. He was wondering if God really heard his prayers because sometimes he didn't feel like it. He felt like He had gone too far and couldn't be forgiven and that's why his prayers were not being answered I was able to share a personal experience with him and then share the story of Alma and his journey back to God. He made so many mistakes and had such torment and despair in his sins. He then remembered what he taught to him about The Savior and the forgiveness and change he brings to all. 

In verse 20 of Alma 36 he describes

20 And oh, what ajoy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!

21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

The spirit was so strong! And I'd like to testify that this exquisite joy that was felt by Alma can be felt by each and everyone of us. 

“However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.”  - Elder Holland

I've seen the atonement work in the lives of so many to help them change and grow. No matter how far we go. He offers his help to everyone and invites the to come to him. He has helped me to change for the better and learn and grow from the many mistakes I have made.

After our lesson Phumlani sent this picture of a rainbow and said you are an answer to my prayer. 




The rainbow represents hope and Jesus Christ is hope. 


My challenge for all of you is to share on social media how the Savior has helped you to change and improve. 


Love you all

Sister Levie









Comments

  1. What a beautiful picture AND beautiful words! We love and miss you! Keep up the GOOD work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear sis levie. We love you. Thank you for your service and for sharing your heart and testimony with the wonderful people of London and with us. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simmermans! Thank you sooooo much!! I love and miss you all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 34: "Come again??" and Spiritual Gifts

Week 75: Hello From London